Vaccines for Children Program
Monmouth County Regional Health Commission No. 1 administers the Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program. The Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program helps provide vaccines to children whose parents or guardians may not be able to afford them. This helps to ensure that all children have a better chance of getting their recommended vaccinations on schedule.
Date: FIRST and THIRD Friday of each month.
Time: 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Location:Monmouth County Regional Health Commission No. 11540 West Park AvenueSuite 1
Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
Directions APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED. Contact us at 732-493-9520 ext: 103 VACCINES OFFERED INCLUDE: • COVID-19• Hepatitis B
• Hib • HPV
Children up to 18 years of age (under 19) who meet at least one of the following criteria are eligible to receive VFC vaccine:
- Medicaid-eligible: Children who are enrolled in Medicaid NJ Family Care Plan A Only - Plans B, C, or D must contact a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) for participation.
- Uninsured: A child who has no health insurance coverage.
- Underinsured*: A child who has health insurance, but the coverage does not include vaccines, or A child whose insurance does not cover all ACIP-recommended vaccines. This child would be eligible to receive those vaccines not covered by the insurance.
- American Indian/Alaska Native: For American Indian or Alaskan Native (AI/AN) children that have full immunization benefits through a primary private insurer, the decision to participate in the VFC Program should be made based on what is most financially beneficial to the child and family and as defined by the Indian Health Care Improvement Act (25 U.S.C. 1603).
*Underinsured: children are eligible to receive VFC vaccine only through a FQHC in New Jersey. Children whose health insurance covers the cost of vaccinations are not eligible for VFC vaccines. This applies even when a claim for the cost of the vaccine and its administration would be denied for payment by the insurance carrier because the plan’s deductible has not been met.
Cost of vaccine depends on insurance.
- NJ Family Care/Medicaid Plan A only (proof required) - No Cost
- No insurance - $12.00 per vaccine
- COVID-19 - No Cost
Payment in cash or check. Call for more information.
For your safety and the safety of our staff, the following will be adhered to:
- A parent/guardian must be present with a minor child. One parent/guardian per child.
- MASKS MUST BE WORN if not vaccinated for Covid-19.
- If you or your child feel sick, please call so we may reschedule.
- Temperature checks may be performed upon arrival.
NJFamily Care - Who is eligible?
NJ Department of Health - Immunization Requirements and other resources or tools
CDC - Vaccinations during the COVID-19 outbreak
CDC - Vaccine schedule: When to vaccine? - Birth to 18 years
CDC - Reasons to Follow CDC’s Recommended Immunization Schedule